Job type: permanent
Salary: £7.50-£8.00 depending on experience and qualifications
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic Support Workers to assist in the day-to-day running of our Learning Disabilities services in Byfleet, Surrey (near Woking) which provides support for young adults with learning and physical disabilities. We focus on enhancing life and social skills to enable greater independence, and assisting our service users to pursue their goals and interests, and to encourage social inclusion and activities.
• Carry out and undertake specific and general tasks which will provide good quality of health, welfare and wellbeing of the residents.
• Contribute, develop and implement residents’ individual care and person centred plans.
• Work flexibly to meet individuals’ support needs
• Communicate effectively and professionally with all persons in the resident’s life.
• Work as part of a person centred team
• Work effectively and professionally within the policies, procedures, aims, objectives and philosophy of the company with your colleagues.
• Complete induction and foundation training if you have no experience working with people with a learning disability.
• Undertake and complete N.V.Q Level 2 in care as a minimum standard requirement.
• Commit yourself to developing skills and knowledge as identified by you, your line manager, people you support and organisation.
• Be person centred in all aspects of your role.
• At New Generation we value our staff and work hard to develop their skills through the provision of training and support.
• Training is encouraged and paid for, as well as time to attend. As well as a commitment to your learning and development, we also offer the opportunity to join our company pension plan.
• The position is permanent, full time role, 37.5 hours per week, shift work and weekends on a rota basis. We are expanding and opening new services, so there are real opportunities for career development for a rewarding long term career with opportunities for further development.
If you feel ready for a change and are able to take on new challenges in a growing organisation, we want to hear from you.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £7.50 – 8.00 per hour
• [Byfleet, Woking, Weybridge]